Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Now we have to worry about exploding headphones?!! WTF!

We were warned about exploding hoverboards, then it was exploding phones. Now comes the warning of exploding headphones!


An unidentified woman suffered burns to her face  when her noise-cancelling headphones exploded on a flight to Melbourne. The woman fell asleep while wearing the headphones and awoke to a loud explosion and a burning sensation. “As I went to turn around I felt burning on my face. I just grabbed my face which caused the headphones to go around my neck, I continued to feel burning so I grabbed them off and threw them on the floor, They were sparking and had small amounts of fire.”

Flight attendants sprang into action as the headphones starting melting onto the cabin floor. “As I went to stamp my foot on them the flight attendants were already there with a bucket of water to pour on them,” the woman said. “They put them into the bucket at the rear of the plane. People were coughing and choking the entire way home,” the passenger said.

Both the battery and cover were melted and stuck to the floor of the aircraft. Fumes from the explosion filled the cabin the rest of the flight. Authorities did not say what brand the exploding headphones were.

0 comments: